Ho Ho Cake
Bill and I had this at a party and LOVED it. It is a super simple recipe and rather easy to make and tastes like Ho Hos. Given the upcoming holiday, Valentine’s day, I though the light fluffy whipped topping combined with the chocolate wafers and the red sugar sprinkles were a perfect match for a Valentine’s day dessert.
- 4 cups heavy whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 packages Nabisco chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip until soft peaks form. Do not over mix. Place a cookie in the center of a plate that is at least 9 inches in diameter. Arrange 6 cookies around the center one, forming a circle. Spread a layer of the cream mixture onto the cookie layer. Repeat the layers, ending with whipped cream. You can also surround the outside of the cake with whipped cream to add a move finished touch. Garnish with decorative sugars, chocolate shavings, cocoa, etc. Refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight before serving.
- The Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies are sometimes hard to find. I found mine in the ice cream section of the grocery store.
- Drumstick Treat A favorite treat that we used to buy at the...
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies These look sinful! Ingredients 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter...
- Chocolate Eclair Cake A wonderfully simple dessert that can be made ahead Ingredients...
- Chocolate Eclair Icebox Cake This scrumptious, weight watchers approved cake, comes from Sarah Wissman’s...
- Spritz Cookies no-fail spritz cookie recipe Ingredients 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter...