Beef Macaroni and Cheese
A great family recipe, makes a TON. Great as leftovers or split into 2 pans and freeze one for later.
- 1 pound box elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, ground cumin, and dried oregano
- 2-3 cups grated cheddar.
- Heat the oven to 350*. Cook the macaroni according to the package directions; drain and set aside. Heat the oil in a skillet; add the peppers, onion and garlic, and saute until soft. Add the ground beef and saute until browned. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, add the basil, cumin, and oregano. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and the beef mixture. Spread this mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with the cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese is a favorite of ours to...
- Simple Macaroni and Cheese A simple way to make homemade macaroni and cheese, perfect...
- Macaroni And Cheese One of Carrye’s favorite recipes from home. Ingredients 1 to...
- Aunt Janice’s Cheese Ball This is a great easy appetizer that looks harder to...
- Mom Hick’s Chili A great chili for those cold winter nights. Ingredients 1...