Jewish Apple Cake
This cake is a very rich and wonderful fall cake that highlights those fresh picked apples.
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 2 pounds (5 large or more) pared, sliced or chopped apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*. Mix flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla well in a large bowl. Add flour and juice alternately to egg mixture. Beat well. Grease well and flour a large tube pan. Start with a layer of batter and then a layer of apples, Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Make 3 layers ending with apples. Bake at 350* for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. After the cake is done, leave it in the pan until cold.
- This cake is better if it is not cut until the next day. It also freezes great.