These peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate get their name from their resemblance to the nut of the buckeye tree. The chocolate does not have to be tempered, although this step makes dipping easier.
- 1 1/2 lbs Powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 lb Melted butter
- 1 lb Creamy peanut butter
- 1 lb Dark cocoa wafers, melted in a double boiler
- Combine the first 3 ingredients, kneed with a pastry blender until smooth and can no longer see the powdered sugar. Refrigerate the candy until it hardens. Melt the chocolate on low. Use a melon baler to form candy into a ball. With a toothpick, dip ball into the chocolate mixture. Place on sheet of wax paper to harden. Cover toothpick mark by pinching with a spoon. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Buckeyes O-H-I-O. Go Bucks! Ingredients 1-18 ounce jar creamy peanut butter...
- Chocolate Chip Cheeseball A sweet twist on a standard cheeseball. Ingredients 1- 8...
- Drumstick Treat A favorite treat that we used to buy at the...
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes These are delicious. Just reading “Peanut Butter Cheesecake” makes my...
- Puppy Chow Puppy Chow is an addicting snack that looks especially cute...